- 1 Which American general was in charge in Asia?
- 2 Who was the head military commander of US forces in the Pacific?
- 3 Who is the highest commander of the US Army?
- 4 Who has the largest military in the world?
- 5 Who is the highest ranking US Army general?
- 6 Who was the best general in ww2?
- 7 What countries are pacom?
- 8 Why is the Supreme Allied Commander always American?
- 9 Who is the only 6 star general?
- 10 What’s higher than a general?
- 11 What is highest rank in Army?
Which American general was in charge in Asia?
Douglas MacArthur, (born January 26, 1880, Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S.—died April 5, 1964, Washington, D.C.), U.S. general who commanded the Southwest Pacific Theatre in World War II, administered postwar Japan during the Allied occupation that followed, and led United Nations forces during the first nine months of the
Who was the head military commander of US forces in the Pacific?
The Pacific Ocean Areas (POA), divided into the Central Pacific Area, the North Pacific Area and the South Pacific Area, were commanded by Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander-in-Chief Pacific Ocean Areas.
Who is the highest commander of the US Army?
Milley. General Mark A. Milley is the 20th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the nation’s highest-ranking military officer, and the principal military advisor to the President, Secretary of Defense, and National Security Council.
Who has the largest military in the world?
When looking at the total numbers, the nation with the largest military is the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, which has over 7 million members. The Russian Federation, Vietnam, the United States, and India also top the list with more than 5 million military members per country.
Who is the highest ranking US Army general?
The highest rank in the Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps is General (four star), followed by Lieutenant General (three star), Major General (two star) and Brigadier General (one star). Five men have held the rank of General of the Army (five star), George C. Marshall, Douglas MacArthur, Dwight D.
Who was the best general in ww2?
George S. Patton Jr.: “Old Blood and Guts” was America’s best field commander of World War II. He led the 3d Army in an astonishing “race across France” (1944) and then overwhelmed Germany in a “blitzkrieg in reverse.”
What countries are pacom?
Two of the three largest economies in the world, two of the three most populous nations in the world ( China and India ), the largest democratic Muslim-majority nation in the world (Indonesia), and the smallest republic in the world (Nauru) are all part of USPACOM.
Why is the Supreme Allied Commander always American?
(1) the United States remains the strongest military power within the Alliance; (3) nuclear weapons remain the ultimate weapon of deterrence for the Alliance, and because the bulk of these weapons come from the United States, it is important to have an American officer in command.
Who is the only 6 star general?
George Washington, History’s Only Six-Star General ( … Sort Of) The rank of five-star general is an honor bestowed upon very few. In fact, you can name them on one hand: George C.
What’s higher than a general?
General, lieutenant general, and major general are the first, second, and third grades of general officers in many armies. The United States Army, Air Force, and Marines have a fourth general officer grade, brigadier general (brigadier in the British Army).
What is highest rank in Army?
What Is the Highest Military Rank? The highest military rank is O-10, or “five-star general.” It is symbolized by five stars for each of the military services. Although it is currently a part of the military service rank system, no officer has been promoted to it since World War II, when the rank was created.