- 1 What is the name of the highest mountain range in Southwest Asia?
- 2 Where is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia?
- 3 Is Mount Kinabalu the highest mountain in Southeast Asia?
- 4 What is the lowest mountain in Asia?
- 5 Where is Mt Everest located?
- 6 Where can we find the mountain with highest peak in the Philippines?
- 7 Where are the highest points in South Asia?
- 8 What is the smallest country in the Asia?
- 9 Is Kilimanjaro taller than Everest?
- 10 Which is the hardest of the 7 summits?
What is the name of the highest mountain range in Southwest Asia?
1. The Himalaya Mountains, the Highest Mountain Range. The Himalayan mountain range is the highest in South Asia. It separates India from the rest of Asia andis the home of the main rivers that are responsible for providing water to a large part of the subcontinent India.
Where is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia?
Mount Hkakabo in northern Myanmar on the border with China, at 19,295 feet (5,881 metres), is the highest peak of mainland Southeast Asia.
Is Mount Kinabalu the highest mountain in Southeast Asia?
Mount Kinabalu is one of the highest mountains in Southeast Asia. It is also the 20th tallest mountain in the world by topographic prominence and is one of the highest peaks in the world that is easily trekked by most people.
What is the lowest mountain in Asia?
The deepest depression in the eastern Tien Shan is the Turfan (Turpan) Depression, within which is the lowest point in Central Asia—505 feet (154 metres) below sea level.
Where is Mt Everest located?
Mount Everest is a peak in the Himalaya mountain range. It is located between Nepal and Tibet, an autonomous region of China. At 8,849 meters (29,032 feet), it is considered the tallest point on Earth.
Where can we find the mountain with highest peak in the Philippines?
Mount Apo, active volcano, south central Mindanao, 20 miles (32 km) west of Davao City; it is the highest point in the Philippines, rising to 9,692 feet (2,954 metres). Part of the Cordillera Central, it is covered by a forest of tall, tropical hardwoods; two subsidiary peaks nearly match its height.
Where are the highest points in South Asia?
Mount Everest, the highest mountain in Asia and the world, stands on the crest of the Great Himalayas of southern Asia that lies on the border between Nepal and the Tibet Autonomous Region of China.
What is the smallest country in the Asia?
Maldives. Maldives is an island nation in the Indian Ocean-Arabian sea area. It is the smallest Asian country in both population and area.
Is Kilimanjaro taller than Everest?
Everest base camp is one 5364 m above sea level where the highest peak of Kilimanjaro, Uhuru sits at 5,895m, though the peak of Everest is about 8848m.
Which is the hardest of the 7 summits?
Oceania. Carstensz Pyramid is a steep granite wall on the island of New Guinea, which some regard as the most technically difficult of the Seven Summits (this is debatable, however, as the extreme altitude of some of the other mountains render direct comparisons somewhat meaningless).