- 1 What are the benefits of mountains in Asia?
- 2 How mountains affect people’s lives?
- 3 How the people live in mountains?
- 4 What are the benefits of high mountains short answer?
- 5 How does the mountain range affect the climate in Asia?
- 6 What are 3 advantages of mountains?
- 7 Why are mountains useful to us?
- 8 What are the advantages and disadvantages of mountains?
- 9 Which country has most mountains in the world?
- 10 What is the lowest mountain in Asia?
- 11 Who are the people who live in the mountains?
- 12 How do mountains help humans?
- 13 Why people Cannot live in high mountain?
What are the benefits of mountains in Asia?
Central Asia’s mountains modulate the climate across wide areas, and are important reservoirs for the stor- age of carbon, but global warming is slowly decimating mountain glaciers, affecting snow reserves and at the same time increasing the water requirements of basic agricultural crops.
How mountains affect people’s lives?
Mountains capture water from the atmosphere and store it as snow and ice that supplies streams and rivers throughout the year. Half the world’s population depends on mountains for their drinking water or hydroelectric power.
How the people live in mountains?
Living in the mountains can be hard. At higher altitudes, air is thinner, which means it has less oxygen, and that makes breathing harder. Despite these challenges, people around the world have worked and lived in mountainous areas for centuries. Often, they make their living farming, fishing, or herding.
What are the benefits of high mountains short answer?
(1) Altitude may fight obesity. (2) It also lowers the risk of heart disease. (3) The mountains inspire physical activity.
How does the mountain range affect the climate in Asia?
The height of the Himalayan Mountains concentrates most of the monsoonal rainfall on the Indian Subcontinent. This same mountain range blocks cold winds from Siberia from penetrating the region. This is why most of India has a warm, tropical climate with high precipitation.
What are 3 advantages of mountains?
- the higher ranges of mountain helps in physical health.
- they provide unique habbitation and support biodiversity.
- it helps in prevent with speed of wind.
- promote tourism also.
- Source of fresh water.
- War strategies.
Why are mountains useful to us?
(d) Mountains are useful to man in various ways: Mountains are a storehouse of water. Water from the mountains is also used for irrigation and generation of hydro-electricity. Several sports like paragliding, hang gliding, river rafting and skiing are popular in the mountains.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of mountains?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of mountainous areas?
- Pro: It’s a natural paradise.
- Con: It’s not easy to build on.
- Pro: Tons of privacy.
- Con: Difficulty with access.
- Pro: Unbeatable views.
- Con: Distance from amenities.
- Pro: Endless outdoor activities.
- Con: Extreme weather.
Which country has most mountains in the world?
The following countries are the most mountainous in the world based on their average elevation above sea level.
- Bhutan. Bhutan’s average elevation is 10,760 feet.
What is the lowest mountain in Asia?
The deepest depression in the eastern Tien Shan is the Turfan (Turpan) Depression, within which is the lowest point in Central Asia—505 feet (154 metres) below sea level.
Who are the people who live in the mountains?
Hill people, also referred to as mountain people, is a general term for people who live in the hills and mountains.
How do mountains help humans?
Mountains serve as the essential “water towers” on every continent. Every day, over half of humanity relies on mountains for freshwater. All major rivers of the world begin in mountains. Billions of people downstream rely on mountain water for drinking, sanitation, irrigation and energy production.
Why people Cannot live in high mountain?
Answer: because of low temperature which will cause lack of oxygen in body. steep slopes means that growing food and building houses is also much more difficult to live.