- 1 What are the 5 major countries in Asia?
- 2 Are there 49 countries in Asia?
- 3 Are there 51 countries in Asia?
- 4 What is Asia’s smallest country?
- 5 What is the longest country name in Asia?
- 6 What is the world’s largest country?
- 7 Where is Asia located?
- 8 How much of world live in Asia?
- 9 Are there 50 countries in Asia?
What are the 5 major countries in Asia?
Largest Countries In Asia 2021
- China (3,746,887 square miles)
- India (1,269,010 square miles)
- Kazakhstan (1,051,811 square miles)
- Saudi Arabia (829,780 square miles)
- Indonesia (735,164 square miles)
- Iran (636,203 square miles)
- Mongolia (603,746 square miles)
- Pakistan (340,418 square miles)
Are there 49 countries in Asia?
According to the United Nations, Asia has 49 countries. However, depending upon the organization or government making the list, Asia can have as few as 45 or as many as 53 countries. The continent is also home to a varying number of “administrative regions” and dependent territories.
Are there 51 countries in Asia?
Asia consists of 51 different countries with a total land area of 45 m km².
What is Asia’s smallest country?
Maldives. Maldives is an island nation in the Indian Ocean-Arabian sea area. It is the smallest Asian country in both population and area.
What is the longest country name in Asia?
The country comprises of several atolls and reef islands in the Pacific Ocean, covering an area of approximately 310 square miles. Kiribati is the local name of the main island that forms the nation and was chosen as the country’s new name at independence through local consensus.
What is the world’s largest country?
Russia is the largest country by far, with a total area of about 17 million square kilometers. Despite its large area, Russia – nowadays the largest country in the world – has a relatively small total population.
Where is Asia located?
Asia is generally defined as comprising the eastern four-fifths of Eurasia. It is located to the east of the Suez Canal and the Ural Mountains, and south of the Caucasus Mountains (or the Kuma–Manych Depression) and the Caspian and Black Seas.
How much of world live in Asia?
Asia population is equivalent to 59.76% of the total world population. Asia ranks number 1 among regions of the world (roughly equivalent to “continents”), ordered by population.
Are there 50 countries in Asia?
How many countries are there in Asia? The area is shared by 50 countries. By far the largest nation by area is Russia, with more than 17 million km², 13 million km² (77%) are in Asia. The second-largest country is China, with an area of 9.6 million km².